Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Shulk From Xenoblade Chronicles as a Cat


We're really feeling that magenta vest:
Feline/Nintendo cosplay #8

The Xenoblade Chronicles is another Japanese video game that is relatively obscure to the North American market.  But our sons know a little bit about Shulk, because he is playable in Super Smash Bros on the Wii U.

I can only observe that he sports a very busy and peculiar outfit: a magenta vest with multiple doodads and a highly patterned pair of shorts with a strange strappy arrangement protruding from underneath. Except when he mysteriously pops up clad in nothing but his underpants.

I did not know about what my sons call the "Sexy Shulk" appearances when I drew him last night. I just looked at the big techno sword  and thought that was probably pretty cool in the minds of 8 and 12 year old boys. I usually try to avoid drawing overt weaponry on the napkins, lunch at Quaker school and all, so I left the majority of the sword off the napkin. I also wanted to avoid having to translate the knee bondage gear for feline hind legs.

Of course now that I have typed the word "sexy" above and looked again at the image on the napkin with the low placement of the magenta sword handle....well, I am regretting my compositional choices a bit. Perhaps I should not say more than that. Just so you know that I did not make any of this up, the original image is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment