Monday, March 2, 2015

Ultron and Happy Cat


"I can has world domination?"
Day 3 of Internet Cats and Robots

"Happy Cat" was one of the first and, in his day, most well known of the "lol cats." His (or her) image was mostly circulated with the text "I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?" beginning perhaps in 2003 or 2007.  I was a new parent during these years and was not paying any attention to the lolcat phenomenon...or to much of anything that was not screaming or on fire.

Ultron is the ubervillain of the second Avengers movie "The Age of Ultron" due out in May of this year. My kids have already demanded that I swear an oath to take them to see the movie as soon as it opens.

While I don't know the details of the movie, Ultron does seem to be a self-aware, distributed artificial intelligence, who decides that irradicating those pesky humans is the best course of action.

If his intelligence is distributed on the web, he is probably tired of having a sizable percentage of his mind filled with idiotic pictures of cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment