Friday, February 7, 2014

Fluffy Shares Strawberries with Cyclops


Ansel was very impressed with George O'Connor's interpretation of the Cyclopes.  (And here we are talking about the sons of Uranus and Gaia, the brothers of the Titans, and not Polyphemus, the sort of one eyed guy who appears in recent and not so recent movies.  And the plural of Cyclops is Cyclopes...just don't want you to think that I can't use Wikipedia)

Based on my five minute perusal of the Google image results for "cyclops," I can observe that it seems to have always been a challenge to figure out how to locate that one eye in the context of the human face.  It definitely does not work well with a nose or eyebrows.  I think Mr. O'Connor's solution of turning the whole head into an eye- and removing the neck as well- is a very elegant answer to the age old Cyclops design problem.

...And they have claws, and what 7 year old boy does not love a thing with claws?  There were strawberries packed in the lunch, so I thought perhaps we should put the claws to good use.

I included Fluffy because it seems that no napkin is not improved by the addition of a hamster. 


No comments:

Post a Comment